Looking for the absolute best value Canon mirrorless EF-M mount lenses? Here they are!
- Canon EF-M 11-22mm F4-5.6 IS STM: one of the best buys for the M system. Packs a punch in a tiny package: superb optics and good build quality. Very popular for video/vlogging.
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM: the standard kit lens isn’t bad at all. Gets the job done for a bargain price. Weakest wide open at 15mm. Lots of sample variation.
- Canon EF-M 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM: a bit better in terms of build quality than its 15-45mm counterpart, but optically very similar. A useful kit lens.
- Canon EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM: very popular “do it all” superzoom (approx. 28-240mm equivalent FOV). Pair it with a fast prime and you’ve got a lightweight travel kit.
- Canon EF-M 55-200mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM: lightweight and plasticky, but gets the job done as a basic telephoto. Many choose to adapt the excellent Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 STM IS and get even better reach and performance.
- Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary: a great wide-angle, superb for vlogging/video and night photography. Superb optics.
- Canon EF-M 22mm F2 STM: an easy lens to recommend – great optics and turns your M into a compact (almost pocketable) camera.
- Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 STM: considered to be the single best prime lens available for the M system. Very sharp, great bokeh.
- Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary: if you don’t have the budget for the Canon 32mm F1.4, this is the one to get. Great Sigma optics, autofocus speed, and build quality.
- Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary: very sharp, contrasty, and great even wide open. An excellent portrait lens (90mm equivalent FOV).
Primes (Manual Focus)
- Rokinon 8mm F2.8 UMC II Fisheye: lots of fun and creative potential without breaking the bank.
- Rokinon 12mm F2 NCS CS: sharp, lightweight, and affordable. Bargain lens for astrophotography (low coma).
Honorable mentions: 7Artisans 7.5mm F2.8 II Fisheye, Meike 35mm F1.4, Kamlan 50mm F1.1 (yellow ring), TTArtisan 50mm F1.2
Note: you can easily mount other Canon lenses to your EF-M camera. For example, with an EF to EF-M adapter, you can use the excellent 50mm F1.8 STM (a real bargain). See our Canon DSLR lens roundups for the best value picks!